Will Smith is a dude who I look at with awe. He embodies growth, success, and confidence. When I’m having a down day, I tune into this video and the 21 quotes below. Enjoy!
1) I love living. I think that’s infectious. It’s something that you can’t fake.
2) Greatness is not this wonderful, esoteric, elusive, God-like feature that only the special among us will ever taste. It’s something that truly exists in all of us. It’s very simple. This is what I believe, and I’m willing to die for it. Period. It’s that simple.
3) The separation between talent and skill is one of the greatest misunderstood concepts for people who want to excel. Talent you have naturally. Skill is only developed by hours and hours and hours of beating on your craft.
4) I’ve never viewed myself as talented. Where I excel is ridiculous, sickening work ethic. While the other guy is sleeping, I’m working. While the other guy is eating, I’m working.
5) The only thing that I see that is distinctly different about me is that I’m not afraid to die on a treadmill. You might have more talent than me, you might be smarter than me, but if we get on the treadmill together there’s two things [that can happen]: You’re getting off first, or I’m going to die. It’s really that simple.
6) You don’t set out to build a wall. You don’t say “I’m going to make the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that’s ever been built. You don’t start there. You say “I’m going to lay this brick as perfectly as perfectly as a brick can be laid. You do that every single day, and soon you have a wall.
7) I want to do good. I want the world to be better because I was here. If you are not making someone else’s life better then you are wasting your time.
8) The first step before anyone else in the world believes it is that you have to believe it.
9) There’s no reason to have a plan B because it distracts from plan A
10) I think there is a certain delusional quality that all successful people have to have. You have to believe that something different can happen.
11) Confucius said the he who said he can, and he who said he can’t are both usually right
12) Being realistic is the most commonly road to mediocrity. Why would you be realistic? What’s the point in being realistic?
13) I’m going to do it. It’s done. The second I decided it’s done it’s already done. Now we just gotta wait for y’all to see.
14) Our thoughts, our feelings, our dreams, our ideas are physical in the universe.
15) There’s a redemptive power that making a choice has rather than feeling that you are at effect of all of the things that are happening. Make a choice, like, just decide. Decide what you’re going to be, who you’re going to be, how you’re going to do it. Just decide.
16) Don’t ever let somebody tell you that you can’t do something. You got a dream then you got to protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they want to tell you that you can’t do it. You want something, go get it. Period.
17) We spend money that we do not have, on things we do not need, to impress people who do not care.
18) Money & success don’t change people; they merely amplify what is already there.
19) My parents always told me that you can do what ever you want to do. I heard my parents saying it, but I didn’t totally believe it, yet I went out in the world and I carried myself, and I held my head high, and I looked people in their eyes, and I talked to people as if I was deserving of everything that this planet has to offer.
20) You are who you associate with. Look around at your five closet friends, and that’s who you are. If you don’t want to be that person, you know what you gotta do.
21) Anytime you inject extremes into the universe, you can expect extremes to come back.